Tuesday, March 13, 2012

A Review Of A Concert By The Black Keys

This is a review of a concert at the Garden by The Black Keys.  I very much enjoyed this concert by the
Black Keys.
I was impressed at the styles of music played by the Black Keys.  Led Zeppelin, Grand Funk Railroad, and the White Stripes were a few bands whose styles I saw and heard in the Black Keys.  I'm sure these comparisons might not please the Black Keys.  I'm sure they feel like the only band they sound like is the Black Keys.

Sometimes there were 4 musicians onstage, other times there were just The Black Keys, Dan and Patrick.
Patrick is the drummer in the Black Keys.  He's tall and pounds the drums with arms crossed and a primal force.   Dan is the guitarist and singer in the Black Keys.  He plays heavy, bluesy riffs and solos while singing tight 3-and-a-half minute rocking Black  Keys songs. Together, the Black Keys played a very raw, emotional, and powerful 90-minute concert.


I was impressed that the Garden was sold out with almost 19,000 people who came to see Black Keys.
There sure was a lot of funny smelling smoke in the arena while the Black Keys played.  I was surprised because I didn't think those people went to see the Black Keys.

Sometimes I felt the Black Keys ended some songs when they could have gone on longer and rocked even harder.  Maybe that's the simplicity and power of the Black Keys. I'm glad to see the world has another band that knows how to "arena rock."   The name of that band is the Black Keys.

No comments:

Post a Comment